Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Cafe Downey in Mt Lawley



I love eating out, especially going to cafes with my sister and mum for lunch. Today we tried a new place called Cafe Downey in Mt Lawley. Don't be put off by the outside of the building (the outside looks run down and slightly scary) because this place does really good sandwiches. It's not run down or scary in any way inside. It's owned by a Japanese and the sandwiches has that Japanese element to it. It's been a long time since eating Japanese bread, and I thoroughly enjoyed The Downey Sandwich, which had wholemeal toasted bread, grilled chicken, egg, homemade curry sauce, baked beans, potato, tomato sauce and mayonnaise. It was delicious, a bit messy to eat with your fingers because of the sauce but so good. They order their bread from this Japanese baker and the texture and taste is like the bread you get in Japan, soft, fluffy and slightly sweet. We also had a Terriyaki Chicken Sandwich. The next time I go back there, I really want to try the Wasabi Chicken Sandwich! All the sandwiches come with a handful of chips, which I thought was a great amount, usually cafes tend to overload on chips when you order a burger or sandwich, but at Downey's the chips come in a good portion. The desserts also looked yummy, although we didn't end up getting any. I also had a flat white, I love it when cafes give you a small sweet treat with your coffee, like the chocolate cookie that came with it.






  



Cafe Downey on Urbanspoon